The teams of cooks from our catering division have decided to share with you, once a month, one of the dishes they have prepared and which are available for tasting in the Hôpitaux Robert Schuman‘s restaurants.
In this month of November, as the cold weather is slowly coming, we propose you a recipe of sauerkraut revisited in the form of egg rolls:
Potato espuma, onion soubise, soya confit bacon
For 4 people
- 600g cooked sauerkraut
- 2 sheets of philo pastry
- Melted butter
- 400g mashed potatoes
- 200g milk
- 400g onions
- 400g piece of bacon
- Thyme, bay leaf, salt, pepper
- Soya sauce
- Nems: brush the sheets of philo with the melted butter, place the sauerkraut in the centre and fold into nems. Place the nem in a deep fryer or in the oven until the philo pastry has browned.
- Espuma: cook the potatoes. Puree with the milk and season. Strain through a sieve into a siphon.
- Sauce soubise: chop the onions and fry in butter with thyme and bay leaves over a low heat until golden. Blend and season.
- Bacon: marinate the bacon in the soya and bake for 1h15 at 110°.
Serve and enjoy!