25.07.2022 . Consulting
Copping with Healthcare industry’s technological and organisational transformation needs
25.07.2022 . Consulting

Copping with Healthcare industry’s technological and organisational transformation needs

For more than 10 years, the European healthcare industry and its actors have always had to adapt to a fast-changing environment: being put under pressure by an aging population with more expectations, ongoing changes of regulations in every sector of the industry and the race to new technologies. Market players had to show furthermore resilience and reactivity with the COVID19 pandemic that brought to light all the limits of the sector: shortage of manpower, of vital products, difficulty amongst the different actors to collaborate, lack of quantitative data, and difficulty of quick decision making.

From a vision to a defined strategy

Facing these issues on a daily basis, some actors, like the Laboratoires Réunis (LR) have decided to challenge the status quo by investing in its technological and organisational model towards a more flexible and resilient way of working: a “new operating model”. With the reality of this ambitious project, LR had to move from a firefighting spirit to a proactive management system and needed to equip itself with the necessary skills for its success.

To be supported in this challenging journey, LR found a partner with this skill set in the name of Santé Services, a sister-company of the Hôpitaux Robert Schuman, that gathers Subject Matter Experts with a great variety of backgrounds and an approach tailormade to the healthcare sector. The transformation journey is a complementary mix of organisational, technological and cultural changes.

In close collaboration, we offered a pragmatic approach to stage the different projects of the transformation program:

  1. Definition of the corporate strategy with clear business and operational objectives, allowing the identification of all the impacts and the preparation of a strategic roadmap
  2. Analysis, prioritization and correlation of the different projects (ERP implementation, supply chain optimisation…)
  3. Employee empowerment trough Strategy deployment or Lean Management for continuous improvement


Today, Santé Services & LR are partners in the middle of this transformation journey involving all the different departments of the laboratory. A journey to success.

Bringing innovation and new ways of caring for the patient: Glucare

In a concern of constant innovation, bringing new approaches, technologies and operating modes for our clients and business partners, Santé Services teamed-up with a start-up to transform patient care: from today’s scattered care to tomorrow’s continuous monitoring.

This new and exciting challenge came with the striking fact that 30% of the world population is or will develop type 1 Diabetes. To join acts with our values and motto, we decided to drive a pilot project in Luxembourg to help spread the possibility for early diagnosis and we partner with several institutions to implement the solution, optimize their processes and data accordingly to enhance their service offering.

Your Health, Our DNA

Behind this motto, we reflect our vision and values. In everything we do, we aim at positively impacting the global health. We are dedicated to our clients and it comes at heart to enhance their situation to ensure they will have a significant impact on their patient. This motivation came in light when we have measured that a nurse actually spends 40% of its time caring for a patient, which is not enough. The other 60% covers administrative or logistics tasks. This indicator is thus a perfect match to measure the level of service to a patient. By bringing innovative or out-of-the-box solutions, we strive to empower experts and support their institutions to find pragmatic but also realistic solutions to facilitate their daily work. This, always, has cultural and human considerations, we ensure our actions have a sustainable impact on the teams.


Santé Services became our inevitable business partner. Their consultants have the ability to create strong relationships with the people from our company which helped us to challenge the existing way of working: from firefighting to a structured and proactive operating model.

Dr Stéphane Tholl, Deputy CEO, Laboratoires Réunis


Découvrir le magazine dans son entièreté